Today, technology has become increasingly important in classrooms and has been integrated in a variety of ways. As per statistics, learning retention can be as high as 75% in cases where business games are included as part of the curriculum, as compared to 5% in a lecture, 20% through audio visual and 50% through a discussion group.
While traditional learning methods impart knowledge to students, it is critical that they learn to apply this knowledge while making key business decisions. “Learning by doing” is what the TOPSIM® simulations espouse, by simulating a risk-free environment that allow students to learn, make mistakes and test their knowledge.
TOPSIM® simulations have been developed for academic and executive programs to mimic complex organizations and provide students a solid base in core business skills, including:
Management and Performance skills
- Strategy development
- Managing cross-functional /departmental conflicts
- Understand finance and profitability drivers (EVA, S/H value, etc.)
- Key success principles in marketing and sales
- SMART objectives
- Knowing your strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding others and active listening
- Giving positive feedback
- Focus thinking towards business models, innovation, leveraging synergies rather than on narrow functional perspectives
- Understanding the ability to successfully implement strategic plans
- Balance long- and short-term pressures and address the limits of constraints and priorities
- Manage risk and uncertainty and react to changing market dynamics
- Performance and people management
General business abilities
- Presentation skills
- Running effective meetings
- Time and priority management
Till date, more than 300 colleges and universities have used TOPSIM® simulations effectively. These are enriched through case studies, learning level controls, game-based exams, educational videos and new, modern simulation designs. Besides, these simulations are focused on intuitive operation, supported by technical tools and dash boards and optimized for any device.
Some of the benefits of engaging in Academic seminars include:
Faculty: Easy to manage, online and offline simulations support the curriculum and encourage discussion
- Savings in preparation time
- High effectiveness of the lecture
- Great feedback from students
Students: “Learn by Doing“ approach prepares students of all levels for a future in business
- Multiple Case Studies integrated into a single program
College: Provide a unique, experienced based learning curriculum
This simulation is delivered accompanied by extensive documentation, including participant’s manual, instructor’s manual and teaching material.
If you would like to use simulations for an academic research project or to teach an undergraduate or graduate simulation course, TIS can offer licensing options for over 40 titles that will map to your curriculum. This is backed with a dedicated full time TIS support service to assist with any issues you might face during the course of the seminar.